This informational page will help you with common questions you may have about the iPad, apps, and remote learning. Most important students...if you are experiencing any issues, email your teachers immediately.
For homework help, go to: https://bjh.dpisd.org/apps/pages/index.jsp?uREC_ID=1637021&type=u&pREC_ID=2039029 - this is the BJH Student Connect after school help line. It is monitored Monday-Thursday between 5pm-9pm.
For technical help, please call 832.668.7450 Mon-Thur, 8am-8pm and Fri 8am-3:30pm or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Berridge's Troubleshooting Tips:
- Make sure you are connected with your Apple ID (go to Settings, tap on your name, then Name and Email. If a window pops up, tap Settings, then Continue and enter your 6 digit bday) If you get a Verification Failed window, try again. If it keeps coming up, let me know.
- You need to be updated to the latest iOS. Go to Settings, General, Software Update (if there is an update, then go ahead and update)
- Also make sure you backup your iPad a few times a week (go to Settings, Tap on your Name, then go to iCloud, then iCloud Backup)
- Do a hard reset (that’s holding the power button and home button down at the same time until you see the white apple)
- Make sure Date and Time is set to automatic
- Delete apps and reinstall
- Try signing into Canvas through Safari instead of the app
- Make sure your router and modem are working properly (you might have to reset these as well – sometimes poor connectivity can cause delays on the iPad)
BJH Family Connect
Remote Learning App
Updating and Backing Up Your iPad
Signing into Canvas and Classlink
Microsoft Outlook and Teams Apps
Backing Up Notability
Turning On/Off Notifications in Canvas through a Web Browser
Turning On/Off Notifications in the Canvas App