Open House Information
- If you need to schedule a Teacher-Parent conference: https://bit.ly/2mzxXME
- Permission to Publish Online: https://bit.ly/2lxSi55
- All About my Student: https://bit.ly/2lkTusA
- All About Mrs. Scott: https://bit.ly/2kV1Zdp
- Grading Policy:
- iPad Policy:
- Flexible Seating and Why Use it: https://bit.ly/2lwA97x
It is important that we communicate with each other. The old saying, "It takes a village," could not be more true when it comes to our kiddos education. You can reach me a few different ways:
- email - [email protected]
- class dojo (through app or website) - if you need your child's login information, please let me know and I will send it home.
- phone call - 832-668-7700
I do not assign homework on a regular basis. That being said, there are times that a student or students do not finish their work in class due to disruptions or behavior. When this occurs, students must complete in-class work at home that night.
I do not assign students homework for a reason. I want students to read for at least 20 minutes a night at home. Reading each night is not just about becoming an avid reader. The benefits to reading 20 minutes a night increase comprehension skills, helps with unwinding and relaxing, increase vocabulary skills, and many more (please refer to the graph below). I cannot stress enough the importance of encouraging your child to read every night. If your child is a reluctant reader, it could be that they have just not found their type of book yet. Take them to a book store and let them pick a book they want. A huge role in increasing student reading is giving them the choice to pick the books they want. Please contact me if you would like more information about reading at home.
Every month I submit book orders to Scholastic book clubs online. Scholastic has popular choices of books that include classics and new texts. Books are an excellent award system for kids and it benefits them academically. Again, I cannot say this enough, CHOICE plays an important role in encouraging students to read. Let them pick the books they want.
If you are interested in ordering books through our class' Scholastic account, you will need to do the following:
- Visit https://clubs.scholastic.com/home
- Enter class code:HCH8B
- Select books
- Notify Mrs. Scott you placed an order
For every book you order, it earns points for the class to buy even more books for the classroom library!